Sheryl Denny Memorial Scholarship
eThe Deadline for this year= April 5, 2020
The Sheryl Denny Memorial Scholarship is designed to help employees and children of employees from either TeamSNUG member companies or Startel Corp. attend higher education. This scholarship fund was initiated by TeamSNUG past-presidents and receives ongoing funding through the Education Committee. We encourage all employees and their children who are attending higher education to apply.
In 2018, due to the generosity of Startel & TeamSNUG we will award 3 scholarships of $1500.00 each to current employees or their children attending higher education during the upcoming school year. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the institution after the following quarter/semester finals.
To qualify for the scholarship, the candidate must:
- Be accepted at a 4 year college, a 2-year junior college or a recognized 2-year trade institution.
- Maintain a 3.0 grade average.
- Submit a copy of your transcript.
- Be employed (or have a parent employed) either by the member company or by Startel Corp. for 6 months prior to the application deadline.
- If employed by a TeamSNUG member company: Have TeamSNUG company owner/manager approval to apply.
- If employed by a Startel Corporation company: Have a Startel Corporation company executive/manager approval to apply.
- Submit a letter of recommendation.
- If the either the TeamSNUG company owner/manager or a Startel Corporation Company executive/manager writes your recommendation you may use that for both your owner/manager approval and letter of recommendation.
The 2020 awardees will be announced at the SNUG Annual Meeting May 2020
- Alyssa DiTore – Child of Maureen DiTore – The Valley Hospital – Ridgewood, NJ
- Cassidy Reandeau – Granddaughter of Donna West – Clarkesville, MD
- Clinton Soll – Cosmopolitan Medical – Glendale, AZ
- Andy Luu – Child of Startel Employee Hung Luu- Irvine, CA
- Emily Jozefik – Child of Kristal Fye – Ace Answering Service – State College, PA
- Lucas Hakes – Employee of Ace Answering Service-State College, PA
- Tina Molesworth – Rochester Telemessaging – Rochester Hills, MI
- Ashley Reandeau – Focus Telemessaging – Eldersburg, MD
- Nicolas Klimchuk-Brown- Connections Call Center – Squamish, BC Canada
How to Apply
All candidates are asked to complete the application form by answering all of the questions and uploading the required documents. Please be certain that all uploads are clearly labeled with your name.